The Palestine Information Network (PIN) invites you to join us as part of the global initiative of Aqsa Week to promote the love of Masjid al-Aqsa from 13-19 February 2023.
Aqsa Week events occur around the world from Bayt al-Maqdis, to South Africa, Malaysia, Turkey, the United Kingdom and beyond.
Aqsa Week is a grassroots initiative with no overall single organiser. What unites everyone is that Aqsa Week is to be marked in the week of 27 Rajab, a date often associated with Al-Isra Wal-Miraj every year. The global networking tool to promote Aqsa Week activities and content will be the hashtag #LoveAqsa.
At a time when Masjid al-Aqsa is in the eye of the storm, let us co-ordinate to amplify our love and concern for Masjid al-Aqsa to the world.
The purposes of Al-Aqsa are:
Aqsa Week is to provide an awareness of Masjid al-Aqsa and to revive the heritage of Muslims.
Aqsa Week is to reignite the devotion and love for a symbol of unity.
Aqsa Week is to coincide with the 27th of Rajab, often associated historically with the Isra and Mi’raj. Rajab is the seventh month in the Islamic calendar. In 2023 Aqsa Week will be between 13-19 February.
Aqsa Week is to create an international unity by all using the hashtag #LoveAqsa
The Prophet’s Night Journey marks the linking of Makkah with Masjid al-Aqsa and the spiritual message of unity. It is the bringing together of all the Muslims irrespective of nationality and their differences for the promotion of justice. This incredible event should be used to highlight the importance of Masjid al-Aqsa.
Aqsa Week should be marked by local organisations independent of any other groups. This is a grassroot initiative where individuals organise an event because of the love for Al-Aqsa.
- The local groups include: Mosques; Madrassa; Darul Uloom; local, regional and National Ulama organisation. University student organisations; Schools; Colleges; cultural centres; Museums; NGO’s; Pro-Palestinian organisations; Trade Unions.
- Government Departments
- Media; Radio, Print and TV
- Social Influencers: Both on Social Media and Public life
1] Under 16 Years
- Storytelling to children;
- Hands on activities in schools like building models of building within Al-Aqsa like Dome of the Rock etc;
- Poetry and writing, competitions
- Showing educational content about Al-Aqsa
- Powerpoint presentations
- Imams to deliver Friday Khutba on al-Isra wal-Miraj
- Outdoor Rallies
- Debates in public arenas
- Discussion in Media
- Social media campaigns
- Exposure to online resources on Aqsa
- Acquiring beneficial books on Al-Aqsa
- Listening to and learning Qur’an and Ahadith on the subject
Spread the Love!
Join, organise, and spread the work about the campaign. Do not forget to use the hashtag #LoveAqsa.
Visit and register your activities on the official Aqsa Week website.
For further information or assistance EMAIL US.
Inform us of your events in South Africa to add to the official calendar. WhatsApp: +27 76 657 2681