Press statement | 07 June 2020
The international Multaqa al-Quds along with more than 200 organizations from more than 33 countries and in 13 different languages, launches the international al-Quds e-campaign on the 7th June 2020 . This date coincides with the 53rd year since the occupation of al-Masjid al-Aqsa and the eastern part of the city of al-Quds. This is what remains of al-Quds 1948.
The campaign aims to:
- Highlight the plight of the Palestinians internationally through different social media platforms.
- Expose the the Israeli Occupation and its violations which has desecrtaed religious sites and all walks of life.
- Revive the need to support al-Quds and al-Masjid al-Aqsa financially and morally in the hearts of Muslims and free people across the world.
Therefore, we hereby confirm that:
- These efforts and this campaign are in the context of standing in solidarity and support of the land and its people who remain firm in the face of the Israeli Occupation and its apartheid.
- We strongly oppose any kind of support or dubious relationship that supports the occupation and its presence in Palestine, as well as any attempts to justify this presence. We reiterate that al-Quds will remain the capital of Palestine despite the efforts by the USA and the Israeli Occupation to falsify and distort the facts.
- We renew the steadfastness and resoluteness of the Palestinians against the Israeli violations in al-Masjid al-Aqsa and their attempts to Judaize and desecrate Muslim and Christian religious sites.
- We send greetings and respects to the icons of al-Quds and the guardians of Masjid al-Aqsa, who the Occupation is expending all means to ban and distance from al-Quds and Masjid al-Aqsa. Most significant of these being Sheikh Raed Salah and Sheikh Ikrimah Sabri, to whom we send our full support and greetings.
- We thank all participants in this campaign, be they individuals or organizations.
- We congratulate and acknowledge these efforts and we also call upon all free and liberated voices to come together in order to end the oppression on the people of al-Quds and to make all kinds of financial and moral support available in order to strengthen their resolve.
In conclusion, we repeat our sincere thanks and gratitude to all participants and we confirm that we in Multaqa al-Quds will not leave any efforts in trying to assist the Palestinians and its religious sites. We will continue to oppose this occupation until it leaves the land of Palestine.
Infographics to download and share: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1HhaUKgHX2TT7LPcr5qxyvaQhEgc0me86?usp=sharing
Campaign video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M8i9u_pYL_c_dQdh6tM3Txsta_LX59W5/view?usp=sharing