Nur Ad Din Zinki’s Mimbar
Even prior to the liberation of al Quds from the Crusaders, Nur Ad Din had this pulpit built in Aleppo in 564H/1168CE, with the intention of installing it in a freed Aqsa. Nur Ad Din however passed away before this dream could be realised. It was at the hands of Salahuddin al Ayyubi that the pulpit made its way to Masjid al Aqsa. On his liberation of al Quds, he shipped the mimbar from Aleppo and placed it at the front of the Qibli Masjid. The pulpit was made from cedar wood, decorated with ivory and sea shells. A crown, believed to be the emblem of the Tankaziyah state, also features, but was probably added later.
Burhan Ad Din’s Mimbar
Can be found in the southern part of the Dome of the Rock platform, at close proximity to the steps leading to the Qibli Masjid. The Judge Burhan Ad Din bin Jamaa ordered its building in 709H/1309CE. Its marble structure was meant to provide replace a smaller portable pulpit in the location made from wood. This is the only open air mimbar at Masjid al Aqsa. It was traditionally used in summer as well as for Khutbahs during the Eid festivals. Usage of this mimbar appears to have ceased in the 1600’s.
Mihrab Ali Pasha
This niche lies between the Iron Gate and the Cotton Merchant’s Gate along the Western Wall of Masjid al Aqsa